Sunday 12 May 2019

THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT

On May 11, co-author of my crime thriller Blair & Piermont series, Gloria Ferris and I, attended a book launch by Peter J. Roe held at Guelph's The Bookshelf & eBar.  Peter leads The Searcher Group's subdivision, Mortal Coil Paranormal.  His first book, "Haunted Town Halls" was introduced in a very interesting presentation followed by a Q & A, and book signings.
Peter J. Roe signing my copy of his novel, "Haunted Town Halls"

During Peter's presentation, he explained why community town halls are often spaces that are hot-beds (or rather colds spots) of ghostly activity!

Peter told us that The Searcher Group is not in the business to convince people that ghosts exist. They volunteer their time to try to understand what to expect after physical deaths, and they enjoying sharing their research data.

I found this researcher's presentation....fascinating...informative...and yes, somewhat frightening.  Very glad to have expanded my mindset about this puzzling research topic. I have posted below my review of Peter's collection of stories from years of research.. He has given me permission to share his e-mail address:  mortalcoilparanormal@gmail.com.


Haunted Town Halls by Peter J. Roe
Review by Donna Warner
4/5 Star
I attended Peter Roe's book launch held in Guelph and was impressed with his passion and professional presentation about his reason for writing, "Haunted Town Halls". Data outlined in his book was gathered during his participation in 2.5 years of paranormal investigation of town halls in Southern Ontario. Peter is a member of the Searcher Group, founded in 1979. I was impressed with the dedication required to document and monitor data from each investigation and provide summations in lay terms for each site visit. This is my first experience with reading case files from investigating existence of spirits. I must say, concepts presented have encouraged me to consider the prospect that life may exist in a different form after physical life ends with death. I would recommend this book to people with inquisitive minds and repeat Peter's prompting to, "form your own conclusions".
 

 

No comments: