Friday 9 December 2022

CHRISTMAS 2022 VERSUS WHEN DINOSAURS ROAMED

Our seven-year-old granddaughter initiated a conversation last evening that delighted me. She asked what gifts I received for Christmas when I was her age.

I explained I would run down the stairs on Christmas morning from our bedroom that was shared by my older sister and brother to see what Santa left in my Xmas stocking. I was thrilled to find some tangerines, one or two apples, and a single chocolate bar from the jolly old gent.

After coaxing my parents and siblings out of their beds to assemble around our real Christmas tree, I would be handed a gift to unwrap. Two most memorable presents come to mind a Princess Doll and a Nancy Drew Mystery book.  My doll was so elegant in her pink and silver dress, pink high heels, and carrying a matching pink purse; I’m thankful to still have her in my possession. Reading was one of my favourite activities that remains a passion of mine and has helped me along the path in later years to becoming a published author of fiction and non-fiction.

Hoping I was withholding details about additional presents, my granddaughter prompted, “I love LOL dolls, Nana, but did you get an iPad, or any games for your PS4, Nintendo Switch, or Play Station 4?” I chuckled before explaining that electronic gadgets like that hadn’t been invented in the 1950s. I couldn’t resist adding that cell phones hadn’t been invented yet either and describing what our telephone, used by five family members, looked like. The amazement in our granddaughter’s big, expressive, brown eyes was palpable. She was sad to learn that my play things had limited abilities compared to what she has access to. 

 

Whatever your Christmas celebrations involve, I wish my blog and social media followers a happy, healthy holiday and best wishes for 2023.

Donna J. Warner 

 #booksforChristmas

#ChristmasStockings

#Christmasgifts

#mysteries

#suspense

#romance

 

Don't miss this Xmas eBook sale of our crime fiction, romantic suspense series.  eBooks $1.99 from Dec. 16 until Jan. 16.

Paperbacks on sale on Amazon: "Targeted" (Book 1) $3.90 USD

"Death's Footprint"(Book 2) $3.85 USD. Both can be read as stand alone action stories.


Amazon Author Page

"Targeted" Buy Links

"Death's Footprint" Buy Links 

No comments: