Wednesday 16 March 2022

Dare to Step into this Author's Parlour! "Master of Madhouse".... a Paranormal Thriller

"Master of Madhouse": Sadists, Mansions and Mayhem 1894 (The Fergus She Vampire Book Series 2)

Genre: Paranormal Thriller

 

Note from Author, Cheryl R. Cowtan

 

WELCOME💔💔 and thanks for stepping into my parlour. You can Read this book,"Master of Madhouse" as a stand alone even though it's book II in a series. Or you can purchase Book I , "Girl Desecrated", on Amazon for $2.99.

 


"Master of Madhouse" Backcopy

Determined to escape her destiny as host to the beautiful, but blood-sucking Vampire, Scarlett, Rachel regains control from her possessor. But wielding Scarlett's demon-magic proves too tempting, and Rachel accidentally launches herself headlong into another century, and into the arms of Gräfen, Lord of the Vampires.

Trapped in a century out of history, held prisoner in a Gothic mansion, and surrounded by a bedlam of servants, Rachel suffers Gräfen's gas-lighting torments and Dracula seductions until her will begins to weaken. Though Gräfen is cruel and arrogant, Rachel's lifelong dysfunction is serving his game. And as Rachel and Gräfen begin to connect on a deeper, darker level, Scarlett grows green with envy. 

 

Most Helpful Reviews

"Non-Stop Suspense! Just when you think the story has reached a moment of respite, another twist slams the reader from offside." ~~ Award-Winning Mystery Author, Gloria Ferris

 

"I was captured from the first page! The characters were truly awesome! Even the setting, an old creepy mansion, was picturesque! The Fergus She II MASTER OF MADHOUSE, by Cheryl R Cowtan, led me through a dark path to horror. Talk about your typical nightmare, mayhem, monsters living in mansions, along with a well-thought-out-plot!! This intriguing indeed story of blood-thirsty passion that seemed to never be quenched, will leave you wanting to sleep with the lights on."

 

"Cheryl R Cowtan has done it again. This is a superbly well written story, which once again continues to capture the imagination of the reader and draws them in with her unique storytelling style and enticing narrative on the gothic era, mystery and intrigue. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and will continue to follow this author."

 

"Rough, tough and nasty. Such a mix of energy, violation, revenge, hate, love, determination and angst! All beautifully told. I loved it. Recommended..."

 

2022 Reviews

A Truly Telling Tale

"A friend of mine recommended this book to me and now I have to think of a way to pay her back as this was written by a true master of horror so anyone who loves vampires and werewolves will love this book."

Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2022


"A great, inspiring read"

Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2022


"This book opens on a deep level. However, it really sets the tone for the book and provides good background information. The book is creative and well-written. The underlying message is essentially playing the hand you're dealt, which is certainly a good message. If you're looking for an inspiring read, this is definitely a good book to check out."

 

"Great Book!"

Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2022


"I enjoyed book 1, so I had to buy the second book! Very engaging and love the twist in the story line. I'm a sucker for vampire books. Would highly recommend."

 

Fans of these books will be thrilled and chilled with reading, "Girl Desecrated" and "Master of Madhouse".

 

The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice

 

Phantom Game by Christine Feehan

 

City of Thorns by C.N. Crawford

 

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

 

The War of Two Queens by Jennifer L Armentrout

 

Dark Stranger by I T Lewis

 

Excerpt(s)  from "Master of Madhouse" below.

 

This time, I didn’t dive down into my hiding place to think my secret thoughts. This time I stayed and saw everything Scarlett saw, felt everything Scarlett felt. And I wish I hadn’t, because I’ll never know a love like she experienced in that man’s arms.

 

He was watching her watch him, not making a move, except for the slight shifting of a toothpick sticking out between his lips above his too-square jaw. He coaxed it to the other side of his mouth with his tongue, catching my attention with the invitation. Scarlett kept her focus on his eyes, and I kept mine on the toothpick, knowing each dip of the wood was created by a nibbling of teeth behind his lips.

 

Some men held strong in their belief of a higher order, a judgement reigning from the heavens with love and forgiveness. Some men followed the Bible’s guidance in what was right and what was wrong. Some men were less easily tempted from the path and this was the kind of man Edward was.

 

He loved me? Why was he giving up? I let go of his hand, grabbed his shirt and gave him a good shake, causing the couch springs to squeak. “Snap out of it! No one loves a martyr!”

 

“Silly Rachel.” Scarlett sounded so far away, far from the pounding drums in my head. “Still caring for those who destroyed you?”

 

“Ye have loved me, lass. Now let me go,” he whispered. “Don’t flatter yourself, Highlander,” I managed to rasp through a tight throat. “I love myself more.”

 

I glanced at the marble statues, their bowed backs and bent knees, and found my answer. Grinding my molars together, I straightened my back, clicked my heels, and bent my arm across my stomach. Then, I gifted Scarlett with a little bow. This wasn’t proper etiquette, of course. I should have curtsied, but with the release of my memories, I was beginning to recall Scarlett’s rules. In this place, I was required to be the male so that Scarlett would face no other competition.

 

Book Buy Links:

American

Canadian

U.K.

                                                                                 Author, Cheryl R. Cowtan

 

                                                                                                                                     

 

 

                                                                                                                         

No comments: